University Student Commons and Activities

Instagram Facebook Flickr Linktree
Main Image - Event Planning 2


An organization is classified as a non-university client when it is not a VCU registered student organization, VCU department, VCU Health Systems and/or a VCU affiliate. All Non-University clients must pre-pay all room rental and labor charges. Room rental and labor can be found here. If this is a conference request, please fill out this form.

Availability/Request Periods

Non-university organizations have restrictions as to when they can request spaces.   Requests must be approved a minimum of 30 days in advance in order to be processed.

Meeting and Event Requests for Non-University clients will be accepted beginning on the first business day in June for meetings and events occurring in the fall semester, the first business day in January for meetings and events occurring in the spring semester.

Table Reservations

Non-university clients that are interest in soliciting to our students, can reserve a table inside the University Student Commons during the semester for $70 dollars per day.

The table cannot be moved from its original location.  There may be no more than 2 people from a company/organization at the table at one time.  Signage is allowed, however it cannot block fire egress or the walking path of any patrons of the building.  If signage obstructs fire egress, a USC&A staff member will ask for the signage to be moved or removed.

Amplified music and/or speech is not permitted.  No solicitation away from the table location (including handbill distribution) or calling out to passers-by will not be permitted.  Sponsors are expected to be present at the table for the entire time of the reservation.  No product or goods may be sold or given away that duplicates or is similar in nature to those sold by contracted vendors in USC&A managed facilities.  USC&A staff must approve all products, materials, or charitable organizations prior to sale.  USC&A reserves the right to refuse any group, products, materials, or charitable organizations that conflict with USC&A/Finance contracts.

To inquiry for table availability, please submit your information via this request form Non-University POD Sales Tables.

Park Plaza

Park Plaza is a courtyard/small amphitheater located behind Hibbs Hall and to the east of the W.E. Singleton Center for the Performing Arts. VCU has designated the space for use by any person, including members of the general public, in accordance with the Reservation and Use of Space Policy. The Division of Student Affairs website provides information about reserving the Park Plaza as a non-university member. VCU students and employees may reserve the Park Plaza via EMS WebApp.

Please refer to section II.B.3 of the Reservation and Use of Space policy and the FAQ, "How is this policy applicable to non VCU-affiliated persons?" for information about reserving the Park Plaza. Unless invited by a VCU department or student group, a non-university member may reserve the Park Plaza no more than five days in advance of the desired date of use. The Park Plaza is generally available for one-hour periods from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday while regular classes are being held. The Park Plaza is not available if the university is closed or if classes are not held, for example during breaks, reading days, or exam periods. Consult the university‚Äôs academic calendar for relevant dates. The Park Plaza is the amphitheater marked by large VCU letters located on Park Avenue to the east of the Singleton Center (922 Park Ave.) and across the intersection from the Moseley House (1001 Grove Ave.). To reserve the Park Plaza, complete the Park Plaza Reservation form.

Non-University Request Form.

Non-university organizations that wish to reserve a room at VCU must fill out the Non-University Request Form.